Quality Hotel Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton, EN WV1 4SW
Phone: (44) 1902 424433
Fax: (44) 1902 710353
Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton, EN, GB, WV1 4SW
- Phone: (44) 1902 424433
- Fax: (44) 1902 710353
The Bantock Park is a natural precinct with various facilities such as children play-field, leisure and recreation space, the Bantock House and the Dutch Garden. This park serves as a perfect place for various events and leisure activities.
Moseley Old Hall is a beautiful Elizabethan house famous for being the hiding place of Charles II after the Battle of Worcester. The Hall boasts of oak panelling and beautiful furniture whilst the enclosed grounds have a walled garden, arbour, herb garden, topiary and knot garden. Not too far from Birmingham, this house is definitely worth a visit and there is an exhibition and tearoom in the barn. Do call for timings and further information.
Church of St. James the Great in Sedgley is an Anglican church located within the boundaries of Anglican Diocese of Worcester. The church was built in the 19th Century in the Gothic architectural style and subsequent alterations were made to the church building. This beautiful structure built from local yellow stone was designed by the architect Thomas Lee. The notable features of the church are its two porches, chancel, organ and the west tower. The has received Grade II listed building status.
Situated in Dudley, Birmingham, the Wrens Nest National Nature Reserve is a Site of Special Scientific Interest of geological importance. This place is known for its abundance of geological fossils, an abundance of bird and flower species. Some of the flowering plants found here are the Small Scabious and Milkwart which are rare species. The reserve is open to public for explorations through the year. Visit their site to know more about visiting schedules and other such information.
Surrounded by the South Staffordshire boundary, The Crooked House is a unique and distinctive public house in Himley. The house is approximately 4 feet (1.22 meters) raised from the ground level from one side because of mining subsidence in the 19th Century. It was originally used as a farmhouse and later became a public house (Siden House). The site is the popular place to visit, and currently operates as a restaurant and a pub ideal for families and groups. Visit the website for more.
Dudley Priory is the Grade I listed site of remains of ancient priory in Dudely, West Midlands. Gervase Paganel established in the year 1160 in the memory of his father. The Priory later dedicated to Saint James. The priory was enlarged in the 14th Century, dedicating it to Virgin Mary. The area around the priory industrialized and ruins of the church were used by thread manufacturer, a tanner, grinding glass and steel polishing. To relocate the the people from the slums, Dudley Priory was included in the Priory estate.
Dudley castle now lies mostly in ruins, albeit rather impressively so and its hilltop location offers dramatic panoramic views. Set on a vast site, the zoo below is home to a wide variety of animals from every continent. These include endangered species as well as more commonplace examples like goats and cattle. The zoo also carries out important work to help with the continued survival of endangered animals and there is an adopt-an-animal scheme for those who would like to help with this work. Other attractions include a bouncy castle, discovery center and face painting. For more details, call ahead on the toll free number +44 844 474 2272
Church of St. Edmund in Dudley is locally called "Bottom Church". It occupies immense monumental value and is honored with Grade II listed status. The church site was constructed in 970 CE and demolished during English Civil War. The church was rebuilt in 1724 and is a massive representation of distinctive architecture, built with red-stone bricks. The church has a chancel, south porch, aisles, nave and huge tower on the west. The interiors, in spite of alterations, still holds it erstwhile pew, pulpit and gallery. The services of church are held regularly here.
Originally established in the 12th Century, Church of St. Thomas was rebuilt in the 19th Century when the building was closed and declared unsafe. This beautiful parish church is locally known as "Top Church" and will surely amaze you by its architectural grandeur. In 1969, Dudley St. Thomas was abolished to form Dudley St. Thomas & St. Luke Ecclesiastical Parish. English Heritage has designated this a Grade II listed status. This church is worth visiting if you are looking for a religious family outing.
Located in the busy area of Kates Hill, St John's Church is an Anglican church. Construction of this place of worship dates back to the 19th Century, and its architectural style is Victorian. However, the St John's Church is remnant of 15th Century with medieval Perpendicular Gothic pattern. There is a beautiful churchyard having picturesque view of Dudley. English Heritage has marked St John's Church as a Grade II listed structure. The church is not functional since 2002 as it was closed on safety grounds, and therefore, "St John's Church Preservation Group" are actively campaigning for the church to be reopened.
Kingswinford, just to the west of Birmingham, lies within the boundaries of the borough of Dudley - a leading glass making area. This museum is housed in a modern glass-fronted (naturally) building and is devoted to the glassmaker's art. It contains examples from various historical periods and has a strong local emphasis. There is an imaginative programme of temporary exhibitions alongside the museum's permanent displays, including shows of work by leading contemporary glass designers.
A scrambled hamlet found on the border of Swindon and Kinver parishes, Greensforge is notable for its glorious industrial history and heritage as well as its Roman connections. Greensforge is named after a finery hearth built here in the 17th Century, known as Mr Green's Forge. In the surrounding areas of Greensforge, you can also find ruins of various marching camps dating back to the Roman era. In the 1680s, the forge on Greensforge site was transformed into a blade mill where edged tools like scythes, among others, were sharpened. In the 19th Century, it was converted into a corn mill.