2 Southampton Road
Westfield, MA 01085
Phone: (413) 568-2821
Fax: (413) 572-0663
The celebrated Town Hall of Russell in St. Lawrence County, New York was built in 1921. Illustrating the Classical Revival style of architecture, this monument is three stories high. At the time of its construction, the lower floor was meant to accommodate town offices, while the upper floor was meant for a two-story theater. This historic beauty’s east-side facade extends into an ornate portico. Due to its iconic architecture and historic importance, it was included in the National Register of Historical Places in 1996. If you are visiting Russell, a short tour of their Town Hall is a must.
French Congregational Church is located at Springfield, Massachusetts. The Gothic styled church building was built in 1887. Its splendid architecture makes is a popular landmark in the neighborhood. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 24, 1983.
Gateway to the serene green Berkshires and Western Massachusetts, Springfield is home to the Basketball Hall of Fame, Six Flags New England and is the birthplace of Dr. Seuss.
The South Congregational Church is a place that welcomes all and does not discriminate. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, this religious landmark has been serving the region since 1875.
Founded as a "Free Church" then "Sanford Street Church" in the 1840s, the St. John’s Congregational Church is one of the oldest active Black New England churches. Abolitionist John Brown was a member of the church and he along with other church members would help fugitive slaves escape, their actions helped Springfield become a major stop on the Underground Railroad. Church members also fought for Civil Rights, including Rev. Dr. Charles E. Cobb who successfully made the Springfield school Board end its ban on hiring qualified black teachers in 1956. A bible owned by John Brown is on display at the church.
Frederick H. Cossitt Library is located in Granby, Connecticut. The library was built in 1890 by architects Jasper Daniel Sibley and T.J. Greene. The library has a Queen Anne style of architecture. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in June 22, 1988.
The city's only post office sits in a majestic building in the heart of the town. Built in 1940, the Classic Revival structure features striking architectural details, and is and eye-catching feature on Hadley Street.
Designed in it's best Classic Revival style, the Indian Orchard Library is touted to be the first library that functioned with a full staff. Standing still in it's beauty and as an important structure that plays it's role as a community center, this library has become a great place for visitors and immigrants to learn more about United States.
The First Congregational Church of East Long meadow is a church that welcomes the people of all ages to come together to worship the Lord. The church serves the people by reaching out to them in various ways, gathering the children and educating them about worshiping the lord and living as a community. The church showcases some great talent in music. The church also conducts ceremonies like marriage, baptism, communions, etc.
St. John's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in East Windsor, Connecticut. The church was built in the year 1804 by Belcher, Samuel, Austin and Brown and features Gothic architecture. The whitewashed exteriors of the church include a pedimented porch, a red wooden door and a clock tower. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
Located between Park and Central Streets in Palmer the United States Post Office–Palmer Main is a historic building done up in the Classical Revival stye of architecture. Designed by Louis Simon, it was established in 1931 and as of 1985 was listed in the U.S Register of Historic Places.
Knesseth Israel Synagogue is an orthodox synagogue founded by a group of Jewish farmers in 1906. It stands for the synagogue building that was designed by Leon Dobkin and built in the year 1913. Built in the Colonial Revival style with funding from the philanthropist Jewish Colonization Association, the building was gradually moved to its present location. It was finally listed on National Register of Historic Places in 1995. Apart from the synagogue, the congregation has an Orthodox Jewish cemetery within the larger cemetery.