Corner of Willis and Dixon Streets
+64 4 385 1546
Only the verandah of this wee charmer is new, though in the course of its life, the house has been moved twice to make way for surrounding developments. The cottage was built between 1858 and 1863 on a large section neighbouring the St John's Church, and is typical of the design of its era. The first owner was William Spinks, a settler storekeeper whose family later used it as a school as well as a home. After Spinks' death, it was sold to the church.