1436 N Liberty St
Waynesboro, GA 30830
Phone: (706) 437-0500
Fax: (706) 437-1276
Opened in the year 1937, the Gertrude Herbert Institute of Art is a must visit for all those who are passionate about visual arts. Apart from its permanent exhibits, the institute also holds temporary exhibitions by upcoming and experimental artists that are a must see. Check website for more details.
The First Presbyterian Church was established in 1804, though the current building was completed in 1812. The church's Romanesque style of architecture was designed by architect Robert Mills, who is famous for designing the Washington Monument. The First Presbyterian Church of Augusta has been the site of several historic events, including becoming a hospital for both Union and Confederate soldiers during the Civil War. Today the church has a friendly congregation and is welcoming to visitors who would like to worship during the Sunday service.
As the premier events center, this spacious venue has been open since 1992 and directly contributed to the revitalization to the downtown Augusta neighborhood. With a newly built exhibit hall, large scale events have found the perfect hosting facility for any type of function at the Augusta Convention Center Olmstead Exhibit Hall. Audio and visual equipment, onsite catering services, table and chair rentals, and planning services makes event planning here a cinch!
This community center was the largest ever of its kind bequest to a charity organization. Run by the Salvation Army, the Kroc Center Augusta is all about providing services and bringing the community together. The Kroc Center features a state-of-the-art gym, event facilities, classrooms, an indoor pool and playground, and even a cafe.
The Aiken Tennis Club was incorporated in 1898 with the sponsorship of financier and head of the prominent Whitney family, William C. Whitney. It is located in Aiken, South Carolina. The club building was constructed around 1902. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 27, 1984.
Located close to the city center, St. Thaddeus Episcopal Church was founded around the same time as the city it is located in. The growth of this church went hand-in-hand with the progress of the planned city Aiken. Established in 1842, the church initially was home to a small parish, which expanded greatly since the mid-20th Century. The church was renovated in 1926, and in 1990s additions like the parish hall, and a school were made.
This church is one of Georgia’s oldest continuing Baptist churches. The Kiokee Baptist Church, located in Appling, was established in 1808. It was during the year 1759 that the Seventh Day Baptists started their first Baptist church in Kiokee, but it lasted only for a short while. The congregation finally became a Baptist church in 1772, and is now on the National Register of Historic Places.
The county seat of and located in McDuffie County of Georgia, Thomson is a small city, with a total area of about 3.95 square miles (10.23 square kilometers). Named after John Edgar Thomson, who was responsible for the expansion of the Georgia Railroad, the city was once the property of John Langston, a plantation owner. A charming little city, Thomson welcomes visitors who can enjoy the trademark southern hospitality. Besides the splendid architecture of the old buildings and structures, Thomson also has a passel of events to offer. See the website to know more.
The Church of the Holy Apostles is a radiant little church built in the Carpenter Gothic style of architecture. Standing firm on its grounds from 1856, it still continues to be an active church. The arched and painted windows of the church add to the soothing atmosphere. The church typically holds services and other ceremonies till date.