Quebec City, QC G1R 2K9
+1 418 648 5371
Located in the Battlefields Park, there are four Martello Towers to provide protection for Quebec City from the western end. Built between 1808 and 1812, the hard-walled, defense towers were established under the leadership of James Craig. The thick walls provided the much-needed fortification from the artillery fire. Although they were rendered useless in the 1860s, Martello Tower 1 remains open to visitors during summer.