Quality Inn & Suites Vestal Binghamton
4105 Vestal Parkway East
Vestal, NY 13850
Phone: (607) 729-6371
Fax: (607) 729-6407
Established in 1917, the Your Home Library is a historic library building that has been serving Johnson City ever since its inception. Prior to being used as a library, the Late Victorian building served as a residence and was built in 1885. The library is functional even today and a horde of events are conducted to keep the members engaged and entertained.
American Legions across the country are known for working towards the betterment of the veterans of Great Wars. The American Legion Post 1254 in Binghamton, too, strives hard to make the war veterans feel at home, by hosting a number of concerts, cultural and community programs that celebrate the contributions of the veterans during the wars. Apart from the concerts and other cultural events, its event space is also available for hire for private events. For more information about their programs and to be a part of it, call ahead or visit their premises.
Originally, the Jonas M. Kilmer House, this monumental site is also referred to as Temple Concord. Situated in Bringhamton in Broome County, New York, it is located on Riverside Drive and spreads over two acres of land. Constructed in 1898, it was built and designed by architects Vosbury and Charles Edward. The two-and-a-half storied residence is enormous in size and the prime element involved in its construction is stone. The gables and turrets add to the beauty of the house. The year 2006 marked the inclusion of the house in the National Register of Historic Places.
This stone structure has served as a means of prayer for the past 150 years of its existence. A part of the Protestant Episcopal parish, the Trinity-St. Paul's Episcopal Church continues to serve the community, providing a peaceful haven of peace and prayer during stressful times. Composed of granite and brownstone, it was designed by architect F.C. Merry.
This one story historical structure is a blue stone structure with few particles of Gothic Revival. This church is rectangular in shape, and consists of a huge bell tower with a cross on the top. The church consists of side entrances and red doors which symbolizes the blood of Christ, which states the entry into salvation. It is also a remembrance of the blood of the martyrs that sowed the seeds of the church.
Designed under the supervision of James A. Wetmore in 1917, the US Post Office-Owego was constructed between 1919 and 1920. A symmetrical red-brick building one story high, the post office displays the Colonial Revival style of architecture. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988, the post office forms a part of the Owego Central Historic District.
The St. Paul's Church of Owego is a historic church building constructed between 1893 and 1894. Built with the High Victorian Gothic style of architecture, the church was designed by famous architect William Halsey Wood. Despite of belonging to the ancient era, the church continues to function till date. Masses and other ceremonies are routinely held at the congregation. Owing to its beautiful history, the church became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.