315 N. Duncan Bypass
Union, SC 29379
Phone: (864) 427-5060
Fax: (864) 427-9135
315 N. Duncan Bypass US 176, Union, SC, US, 29379
- Phone: (864) 427-5060
- Fax: (864) 427-9135
Padgett's Creek Baptist Church was built in 1844 and is one of the oldest in the town. The elegant white facade stands out in the neighborhood. The structure looks like it hasn't changed over the years. Spread over 14 acres (5.67 hectares) the church also includes a cemetery. This beautiful sanctuary was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
This very large 7,054 acre State Park features two lakes and offers a variety of recreational amenities and activities such as equestrian and hiking trails, stables and a horse show ring, camping facilities, fishing, a boat launch, a store, swimming pool, tennis courts, and picnic areas. Cultural aspects of the park include the remnants of a Native American soap store quarry that was used for bowl making and is registered as a Heritage Trust Site.
Sumter National Forest, located in Clinton, SC is a beautiful area managed by the United States Forest Service. Consisting of approximately 37,7442 and three ranger districts, this area features hiking and biking trails, mountain biking, camping, canoeing, hunting, boating as well as equestrian facilities in the Long Cane Ranger District. The Andrew Pickens District is known for the breath-taking and challenging waterfalls.
With a history dating back to 1795, the Price House is a historical site in Woodruff, South Carolina near Spartanburg. This property once contained the plantation home of Thomas and Ann Price, local entrepreneurs who owned the general store, ran the post office and local tavern. Here, you can find out how the Price family made their fortune and the legacy that remains at the only standing structure that exists - the upcountry slave cabin.
The Walnut Grove Plantation began operations as a plantation when Charles and Mary Moore got a grant from King George II. The plantation is still operational and has a mansion, Rocky Spring Academy, a cellar and many other institutions within it. Several guided tours are available through the plantation, which include a walk through the greens and the mansion, a part of which is now a museum. The plantation and facility sits on over 60 acres (24 hectares) of land. To know more, check the website.