1878 Wilbur Ave.
Somerset, MA 02725
Phone: (508) 678-4545
Fax: (508) 678-9352
1878 Wilbur Ave., Somerset, MA, US, 02725
- Phone: (508) 678-4545
- Fax: (508) 678-9352
A historic lighthouse on the Taunton River in Massachusetts, Borden Flats Light Station is a Sparkplug lighthouse, that is, a tower-on-caisson type. It was built in the year 1881 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in the year 1987. It sits on water, and includes a 50-foot (15-meter) tall cast-iron tower that also served as the keeper’s quarters. It was affected by a hurricane in 1938 which gave it a tilt that is still visible. It was electrified in 1957 and automated in 1963.
Built by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company during the "Golden Age" of wooden carousels, Carousel #54 served as "the crown jewel of Lincoln Amusement Park" for 70 years. Now housed within a majestic Victorian pavilion perched over Heritage State Park, the Fall River Carousel is open seasonally for general riding and year-round as a venue for birthday parties and special events.
The Torpedo Boat PT-617, also known as the Big Red Cock and Dragon Lady, is the only surviving boat of its kind. IT was the most utilized, combat tested PT boat in the World War 2. Today, the boat is a museum ship at PT Boat Museum in Fall River. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1989. The boat carried with her Mark 13 torpedoes, guns, .50 caliber machine guns, rifles and grenades.
This park encompasses eight and half beautiful acres and overlooks Battleship Cove; one can simply enjoy the picturesque scenery, or rent a sailboat from the park
Celebrated First Baptist Church situated at North Main Street in Fall River, Massachusetts is a monumental church in the vicinity. Over the years, its significance has increased even more. It was constructed in the year 1850 and was built by renowned civil engineer Josiah Brown. Detailed information regarding the varied activities and events are available on their official website. A luminous illustration of the Greek Revival style of architecture, this building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 16, 1983.
The Church of Christ or fondly known as The Olde White Church is a Greek Revival style building established way back in 1833. Regular services are held at the church with the Sunday service being at 10:00 am. This beautiful little church also offers its premises on rent for private functions such as weddings, baptisms and baby showers. With ample of open space around the church this is a perfect venue for summer events.
The Santo Christo Church stands as one of the finest church structures in Massachusetts. The vintage church is incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places and continues to occupy great significance in the vicinity with its great aesthetics and the fine ministries.
The Kennedy Park is situated in Fall River and was initially referred to as the South Park. This park features baseball and playing fields too; if you are not into sports you can simply take a stroll. The park site occupies historic significance and is also placed in the National Register of Historic Places.
The Church of the Holy Spirit is marvelous structure built in 1875, which stands high on its grounds till date. Despite going through a lot of changes in the past, it has been maintained very well even today. The elegant architectural design and the warm welcoming aura of the church are truly spell binding. The church has been fully functional since its inception and continues to conduct regular services. The customary rituals, religious practices and ceremonies are conducted in the church.
The Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption, better known as the Saint Mary's Cathedral is a historic church located in Fall River, Massachusetts. The cathedral was built in 1852 by Patrick C. Keely, and Maginnis and Walsh in the Gothic style. One of the oldest cathedrals in the region, the stonework structure features gable roofs, a shingle and many elegant rose windows. The building was added too the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
Conceptualized and designed by renowned architect Napoléon Bourassa, the Saint Anne's parish has adapted the Romanesque style. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, this religious landmark is still intact and well-preserved. Check website for details.
This 1906 church has become well-known as being the site of a Marian shrine.