Across Singapore River
+65 6736 6622 (Tourist Information)
Completed in 1990 and the fourth to be constructed at this site, the Coleman Bridge is the reconstruction of a more elegant predecessor built in 1886. The bridge links Hill Street and New Bridge Road, spanning the Singapore River near Clarke Quay.This pre-stressed concrete twin-bridge with viewing balconies and planting troughs retains some of the character of the past, such as the three-span form and the patterns of the old cast-iron railings. The eight cast-iron lamp posts that line the bridge have been there since 1886. The Coleman Bridge was named in honor of the first Superintendent of Public Works, G. D. Coleman, who designed St Andrew's Cathedral and the Old Parliament House.