Mouth of Singapore River
+65 6736 6622
Anderson Bridge is an elegant bridge spanning the mouth of the Singapore River displays an excellent combination of intricate plaster and metalwork unmatched by any other bridge locally. It comprises three steel arches with supporting steel ribs extending across them, two rusticated archways and a fluted pier at each end. Constructed between 1908-1910 to replace an older bridge, the Anderson Bridge was built with a good clearance to allow vessels to pass under at high tide. Named after Sir John Anderson (Governor of the Straits Settlements, 1904-1911) it was constructed because the Cavenagh Bridge
was unable to cope with increasing traffic.