60 Hill Street
Completed in 1835, the Armenian Church is Singapore's oldest church. Designed by Irish architect George Coleman, it is dedicated to St Gregory the Illuminator, the first monk of the church. It was originally built with a domed roof and a bell turret. In 1853, these were replaced by a pitched roof with a tower and spire. It was the first church to install electric fans and lights in 1909. In the churchyard are some gravestones and statues. The late Agnes Joaquim, an Armenian after whom the national flower (Vanda Miss Joaquim) is named, was buried here in 1899.