Fort Canning Park
+65 6332 1302
This park was previously the home of early Malay rulers in the 1300s. The alleged tomb of Sultan Iskandar Shah, final ruler of ancient Singapura, can be found here. Higher above is Singapore's first Christian cemetery, established in 1822 by Sir Stamford Raffles. Look out for Raffles' sundial, which marks where Singapore's first Government House once stood. The house was demolished in 1857 when the British Army used the hill as a fort. Some early 20th century constructions have been restored and transformed into a performing arts center, recreation centers and a museum exhibiting a World War II underground bunker.