1631 South Highway 92
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
Phone: (520) 458-7900
Fax: (520) 459-2603
The Arizona Folklore Preserve was started by Dolan Ellis and his wife. The reserve presents and preserves the local history and more importantly, the culture. It hosts events and shows that brings forth the local culture and legends in an interesting format like dances and concerts. For more details, check website.
This is the town where Wyatt Earp fought the Clanton and McLaury brothers at the OK Corral, and gunfight re-enactments are still the main tourist attraction here. Tombstone was a wild wicked boomtown in the 1880s. In fact, it was the biggest city between St. Louis and San Francisco at the time. That has changed, but it remains well-rooted in Old West tradition. Explore myriad museums, saloons and gift shops, and attend occasional live entertainment, festivals and community events. It's also an interesting stop on the way to the old mining town of Bisbee. To get to Tombstone from Tucson, take Interstate 10 east to Benson, then head south on AZ Highway 80.
Sacred Heart Church is a landmark on Safford Street. Steeped in history, this Catholic church was the first ever congregation to be established in Tombstone. The building was constructed in 1881 and illustrates the Gothic Revival school of architecture. In addition to hosting weekly services, it organizes several events and activities in the church hall.
Bisbee Woman's Clubhouse is located in a historic building. This woman's clubhouse organizes several cultural and social events including fund-raising programs to support various causes. They offer scholarship programs for graduation and also support causes like animal shelter and rescue. The Bisbee Home Tour is a renowned event featuring the Bisbee Art Chair Auction, where chairs have been painted and decorated by some most creative artists of Bisbee.
With a scenic backdrop of the Higgins Hill, this beautiful church has been standing firm on its ground from 1915. Constructed in the Late Gothic Revival style of architecture, it has been in service ever since its inception. It became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. The church is open and conducts regular services.