226 Hi-Tech Rd
Seneca, SC 29678
Phone: (864) 888-8300
Fax: (864) 888-0395
The Seneca Historic District is a monumental district that was originally constructed in 1873. The district underwent a further constructional increase in the year of 1909. It is accurately located at Seneca in South Carolina. Most of the structures in the district depict the Bungalow/Craftsman and the Late Victorian style of architecture. The significant district is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Oconee County Cage is a jail on wheels. It was used in the early 20 Century to transport prisoners from one place to another. This metal cage is 14 feet (4.2 meters) long, with strong metal bars. Canvas was used to cover it during winter. It is a feature on the National Register of Historic Places.
Situated above Cullasaja Falls in waterfall country, Jackson Hole features native and enriched stones.
Clemson University is one of the top 50 public universities in the nation as well as a high-ranking research facility for science, engineering and technology. Besides stellar academics, the university's various athletic programs draw fans to Littlejohn Coliseum, Clemson Memorial Stadium and the Doug Kingsmore Stadium all-year. The school grounds contain the South Carolina Botanical Garden, the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts, and Tillman Hall. Whether you're a prospective student or fan of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), the beautiful school grounds and numerous events on campus make the university worth a visit.
Available on Sundays by appointment and for parties, Glazed offers a fun activity for all ages. They provide all you will need to create your own ceramic piece of art.
Completed between 1849 and 1851 Old Pickens Presbyterian Church is the only surviving structure of the old town of Pickens Court House, a mid-nineteenth century town situated around modern-time Seneca. The church site also comprises of a cemetery. Visitors are allowed inside the church from April to October, every Sunday from 2.30p to 5p in October.
This beautiful garden that covers more than 295-acres is located on the campus of Clemson University, about 45-minutes away from downtown Greenville. The garden features nature trails, pathways, ponds, streams, woodlands, all of which highlight the beauty of South Carolina's foliage. The Fran Hanson Discovery Center and the Bob Campbell Geology Museum are two exhibition places within the garden and the latter features more than 10,000 different items which include fossils, lapidary objects and archaic anthropological artifacts.
Beautiful Antebellum plantation house that was the former home of John C. Calhoun, the Vice President under both Andrew Jackson and John Quincy Adams. Mr. Calhoun lived at this house from 1825 until his death in 1850 and the home is filled with family memorabilia, period furnishings, and family artifacts.
The gateway to the South Carolina Botanical Garden, this discovery center is the first of four discovery centers for the Corridor and features an array of natural and historical exhibits with special emphasis on the Mountain Lakes Region of Anderson, Oconee, and Pickens Counties.
This is the historic site where the first treaty between the United States and the Cherokee Indian Nation was signed on Nov 28, 1785.
Built in South Carolina's Lowcountry for French Huguenot, Paul de St. Julien, this French Colonial home was moved to the University's campus in 1941 and is filled with period furnishings, artifacts, and artwork from the 18th and 19th century.
Built by Revolutionary War hero Andrew Pickens, this Presbyterian church is one of the most interesting historical attractions in the Upstate and was the second structure built by the religious community. Although the church is no longer in service, there is a cemetery on site that contains numerous old tombstones including those of Pickens and his family.