1645 Pickwick St
Savannah, TN 38372
Phone: (731) 925-4141
Fax: (731) 925-1100
The Hardin County Library is open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Wednesdays until 12:00 p.m., Fridays until 5:00 p.m., and from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
Located on the banks of the Tennessee River, Cherry Mansion served as headquarters for General U. S. Grant in the spring of 1862. It was here that Grant's breakfast was interrupted by couriers with the news that the battle of Shiloh had begun. Tours are offered by appointment only. Grant Headquarters Monument can be found one block east.
The Shiloh National Military Park is a park that is an important landmark of Hardin County, Tennessee. It conserves the Shiloh and Corinth battlegrounds that were a part of the Civil War. Here, you can avail the audio tour that is very informative and detail-oriented.
McNairy County's Coon Creek Science Center contains one of the most important fossil sites in North America. Here are preserved Upper Cretaceous marine shells and vertebrate remains that were left 70 million years ago when the water of the Gulf of Mexico receded. Visits to the center are limited to organized groups.
Located along the banks of the Tennessee River, J.P. Coleman State Park offers many recreational opportunities for the whole family will enjoy. Pickwick Lake features a full service marina and water sports. Accommodations include motel rooms, cabins, camping sites, and tent sites.
Built by the Federal Army following the Siege of Corinth, this historic site was the site of fierce fighting during the Battle of Corinth and is open daily from dawn to dusk.
One of the 16 National Historical Landmarks in Corinth, this Mississippi landmark once served as headquarters for a number of Confederate Generals and features 16 foot ceilings, ornate plasterwork, and period furnishings throughout the house.
A system of fortifications built in Corinth by the Federal and Cofederate armies and recognized as National Historic Landmarks.
This state- of- the- art center traces Corinth's history regarding the Civil War and the aftermath of rebuilding with two films and several interactive exhibits.
Opened in 1865, Borroum's is the oldest continuously operated drug store in Mississippi. Its soda fountain offers such favorites as ice cream sodas, malts, hamburgers, and sandwiches.
Registered on the National Register of Historic Places, this Mississippi Landmark was built in 1924. The elegand and elaborate interior is a sight to see. The history of the building includes Vaudeville performances and one of the first motion picture shows in the area.
Originally an 1850's saloon, this interesting building has served as a jewelry store since 1865. Be sure to notice the original pressed tin ceiling and the wall murals painted by Ernst Waits in 1925.