Calle Las Damas & Calle Mercedes
+1 809 541 5652
This Jesuit church, dating back to the 18th Century, was designated the National Mausoleum in 1956 and three years later, it was remodeled and adapted to serve this purpose. Since then, the remains of famous Dominicans have been brought here. The church's construction is composed of three distinct naves. The central nave is the widest and is covered by a vaulted ceiling covered with a mural. The side naves are built like small chapels, each with a beautiful domed roof. Hanging from the central vault is a lamp which was given to the church by the Spanish head of state, Francisco Franco.