Hospital San Nicolás de Bari
+1 809 541 5652
Founded upon the orders of Fray Nicolas de Ovando, probably sometime after 1504, this hospital also served as a church. The first phase of its construction was completed in 1519. According to E. Walter Palm, the Brotherhood of Our Lady of the Conception continued the construction of the hospital in 1533, adding modern elements, including additional buildings. The hospital was abandoned in the mid 18th century and since the beginning of the 19th century, it is in ruins.