Quality Inn Near Medical Center
4 Piano Pl.
San Antonio, TX 78228
Phone: (210) 684-8606
Fax: (210) 647-4225
Mission San José & Visitor Center
Mo to Su from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PMThis mission, located at the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, was founded in 1720 by Father Antonio Margil de Jesús. It was the largest mission and the main center for cultural and social activities. Hence it was labeled as the ‘Queen of Missions'. A large part of the church was destroyed over the years. The existing Rose Window is one of the finer pieces of architecture belonging to the Spanish colonial era. Some of the few remnants include the arches that once gave shelter to the missionaries, the convento area and a part of the irrigation ditch, which is visible outside the compound. The church still functions and visitors are permitted to attend the Sunday mass.