Founded in 1257 by Robert de Sorbon, King Saint-Louis' Chaplain, laSorbonne is famous around the world. At its humble beginning, 16 students of Theology studied there. Now thousands of students apply here every year to gain expertise in varied fields of study. The chapel is the oldest part of the university, which was re-established by Napoléon in 1806 after the French Revolution. Towards the end of 19th century, additions of the Grand Amphithéâtre, Palais Académique and Bibliothèque were added to the structure. There is no entry fee at the gates, however, there are paid guided tours interested groups.