Madonna delle Grazie
Via delle Grazie
This church and sanctuary can be found on Via della Grazie. The church was built in 1522 by Lodovico Barcella. The portal dates from the 15th Century and comes from a demolished church. The interior has three naves and is adorned by lavish stucco and Baroque frescoes from 1617. In the chapel at the back on the right nave there is a notable painting of the Madonna with Child and Saints by Moretto and on the left, is the Miracle of S. Martino by Francesco Maffei, in a stucco cornice. On the left of the church is a Renaissance courtyard with a fountain and a statue of the Madonna by Sante Calegari il Vecchio. From here, the sanctuary (originally used as a church) can be easily reached. The interior has been recently restored in 1880-6 by Antonio Tagliaferri. The fresco on the altar is a nativity scene which is thought to be the work of Andrea Bembo.