Quality Hotel Continental Brescia
Via Martiri della Liberta 267
Phone: (39) 030 2582721
Fax: (39) 030 2583108
Via Martiri della Liberta 267, Roncadelle, IT, 25030
- Phone: (39) 030 2582721
- Fax: (39) 030 2583108
Mo to Sa from 07:30 AM to 12:15 PM,Mo to Sa from 04:00 PM to 07:00 PM,Su from 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM,Su from 04:00 AM to 07:00 PMThe construction of this imposing church, (which was built on a paleo-Christian basilica circa 5th-6th Century) was dragged out for three centuries until the 19th Century, with interruptions that did not help to give it an harmonious style. The initial project was by the architect Lodovico Beretta (16th century), but work began after 1604 and was brought to completion by Antonio Marchetti in the 1700s. The late Renaissance cupola was designed by Luigi Cagnola and finished in 1825 by Rodolfo Vantini. The narrow, neoclassical interior is in a Greek cross design with three naves. Worth seeing: the sacrifice of Isaac by Moretto; the arca of Saints Apollonio and Filastrio, Renaissance work of 1510; in the presbytery the new altar and lectern in bronze by Luciano Minguzzi (1984), left of the presbytery is the painting by Palma The Younger of Saints Carlo and Francesco, as well as Bishop Giorgi.