200 S. James St.
Rome, NY 13440
Phone: (315) 336-4300
Fax: (315) 336-4492
200 S. James St. at Erie Blvd., Rome, NY, US, 13440
- Phone: (315) 336-4300
- Fax: (315) 336-4492
Fort Stanwix National Monument is a reconstructed fort where Revolutionary war patriots withstood a 21-day British siege. It includes the 13,700 square-foot Marinus Willett Collections Management and Education Center, which includes an exhibit timeline, audiovisual presentations, a public event space, bookstore, and 450,000 museum objects.
The First Methodist Episcopal Church of Rome is a church that warmly welcomes the people to teacxh and encourage one another in Christian love. It also teaches to grow spiritually with the congregation and the community, and also to spread the word of Christ. The two levels church is a wide structure and comprises of a bell tower, the church also consists of a Chapel which is a two and a half story structure built of red brick.
This park is part of the Erie Canal, one of New York's historic treasures. It provides excellent outdoor recreation including hiking, biking and boating.
The Fort Rickey Children's Discovery Zoo is focused on children and fun. They try to engage children by letting them know the animals through all the senses.
Delta Lake State Park allows you to enjoy many picnic areas, hiking and nature trails. There is also a boat launch and shoreline fishing. Campers can enjoy 101 tent, trailer or RV camping sites and there is a sandy beach with swimming in the summer. For winter visitors there are cross-country ski trails.
The Oriskany Battlefield State Historic Site is the place where the Battle of Oriskany was fought during the American Revolution. A monument was built to commemorate the Americans who died in the battle. This monument was constructed in 1884 and is now open to the public. A stroll down the site and a read through the markers will acquaint you with the rich history of the place.
Designed by the renowned architect of that era - Philip Hooker, the Hamilton College Chapel stands out from the rest of the buildings of the Hamilton College. A part of the chapel is covered with mellow orange Oriskany stone and its interior work is credited to Deacon Isaac Williams. Erected in Federal style of architecture, the chapel is marked by a magnificent tower on its eastern facade with is topped by an octagonal cupola. Apart from its use for religious purposes, the rooms inside the chapel were also used as classrooms, library and chemistry lab. Today, one can watch the performances of live bands, as well as lectures and other events regularly.
William Haugaard designed the armory edifice based on the Tudor style of architecture. The historic building that dates to 1930, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. It is now transformed in to Oneida Recreation Center, a venue for special events.
Designed under the supervision of James A. Wetmore, who is credited with the design of many of the country's federal buildings, the US Post Office-Oneida was constructed in 1931. Seven bays wide and one story tall, the post office displays the Colonial Revival style of architecture, with limestone trim being a dominant feature of the design. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
This unique urban wetland is just on the edge of Utica and is between the Mohawk River and the New York State Barge Canal.
Saranac Matt Brewery was established in 1888 and is the second oldest of its kind in the country. This family owned brewery offers tours from June to August every Monday to Saturday at 1p and 3p. From September to May they only have on Fridays and Saturdays. Get to know how they make their popular brews and taste their beers at their 19th-century tavern. Buy gift items and souvenirs from their gift shop.
Utica Public Library is a historic building consists of five stories, and several activities are organised for kids as well as adults. From knowledge on computer skills to different cultures and creative programs, this building attracts visitors to a new and different way of learning. Built in 1903, it features on the National Register of Historic Places.