Quality Inn & Suites
1720 Hancock Street
Port Huron, MI 48060
Phone: (810) 987-5999
Fax: (810) 987-5954
1720 Hancock Street, Port Huron, MI, US, 48060
- Phone: (810) 987-5999
- Fax: (810) 987-5954
Spreading over 5.2-hectare (13-acre) well-manicured space, Waterfront Park is usually frequented by families looking for relaxation and recreation. One can attend various activities, events and concerts held here.
One of the first senators from the state, Lucius Lyon constructed the Fort Gratiot Light. The old operating lighthouse is located at the start of St. Clair River that goes southwards from Lake Huron. The light was recently entrusted to the Port Huron Museum. The historic structure is accompanied by a public park and beach on property. The beach is known as the Lighthouse Beach. Fort Gratiot Light was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
One of the most popular parks in the area, this vast green space provides space for picnics, games, exercise, and more. It hosts community events and even has a gazebo for visitors' enjoyment.
One of 11 locations in the St. Clair County Library System, the St. Clair County Library contains more than 285,300 books, over 1500 magazine subscriptions, and almost 23,000 books on tape and CD, music CDs, cassettes and videos.
Built in 1874, the Federal Building & U.S. Courthouse is a government courthouse and working quarters of historic significance. The structure boasts of being the oldest federal building in Michigan that is still functional and in use by federal authorities. Constructed by Mullet and Alfred B., the Classical Renaissance Revival and Greek Revival building now houses departments like Social Security Administration and Customs and Border Protection.
Many of Sarnia's big events take place at Centennial Park. There are telephones, information kiosks, picnic tables, walkways, food vendors and even marina boat launching. One can also indulge in water sports such as boating.
This buoy tender vessel was built in 1943 to serve the U.S. Coast Guard, and is one of the earliest such ships built for the Great Lakes region. Besides being a navigational aid, the vessel was frequently used during various points in history for other activities such as law enforcement, search and rescue missions and ice-breaking. The vessel was decommissioned in 2003 and is available for viewing at the Port Huron Museum.
Palmer Park is parallel to the St. Clair River. Enjoy views of the water and fresh air here.