5240 Trompeter Road
Peru, IL 61354
Phone: (815) 223-8585
Fax: (815) 223-9292
Established in 1868 as the headquarters for Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (RLDS), this church is one of the oldest church in Plano. Designed in the Greek Revival style of Architecture, the building is located on Center Avenue. Open to public for tours, the building was enlisted a part of National Register for Historic Places in 1974.
The Dwight Railroad Depot was built in 1891 by architect Henry Ives Cobb. It is located in Dwight, Illinois, United States. The building has a Richardson Romanesque style of rusticated masonry. The structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 27, 1982.
The distinguished church site of Pioneer Gothic Church was established in 1857. The site is precisely situated in Dwight village and carries immense monumental value. It finely exemplifies a Carpenter Gothic church and was also included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
The renowned First Congregational Church is a marvelous church in Sterling, Illinois. The church house is a monumental landmark and its beautiful stained-glass windows and sanctuary provides a great environment for worship and offering prayers. Sunday School is held at 9:00a every Sunday and is followed by the worship service at 10:00a. Childcare is provided for children less than four years of age. Designed in the rare Richardsonian Romanesque style of architecture, the church building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.