830 N. Main St.
Payson, UT 84651
Phone: (801) 465-4861
Fax: (801) 465-7686
The Payson Presbyterian Church is one of the most historically significant sites in the Payson city of the U.S. State of Utah. It is a spectacular church building that dates back to the year 1882, and it finely depicts the Gothic Revival style of architecture. The church site also stands registered on the National Register of Historic Places.
Built in 1935, Santaquin Junior High School is a historical landmark in town. This two story brick structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. Though it is no longer a school now, it still serves the community as a senior citizen's center.
Springville's renowned Johnson-Kearns Hotel was constructed in 1892 and occupies great monumental value. It is also famously called the Johnson Hotel, or the Kearns Hotel or the Manitou Hotel. A major element for its historic significance is the fact that it was one among three hotels built in Springsville in the year 1900. The superb structure that follows the Late Victorian style of architecture is spread over a land area of 0.3 acres (0.12 hectares) and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.
The Springville Presbyterian Church is a beautiful church that is built way back in the 1890s era. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, this church is also referred to as Springville Community Presbyterian Church.
The Silver Row is a historic row of apartments in Utah that are touted to be few of the surviving residential structures that were raised for lower income groups. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, this landmark is incorporated in the Provo City Historic Landmarks Registry too.
The Knight-Allen home is a Victorian style mansion built in 1899. The haunted looking structure is an outstanding example of Victorian Eclectic architecture, with its interesting roof patterns and pillars making it stand out from the rest of the landscape. The house was entered into the list of National Register of Historic Places and is now appointed to the Provo City Historic Landmarks Registry on June 19, 1996.
After extensive refurbishment, the Provo City Library replaced the former Brigham Young Academy. The library has an encompassing collection comprising books, magazines, and other reading material. This library was incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
The Seven Peaks Water Park is the biggest water park in the state of Utah comprising of water rides for one and all. Some of the most adventurous rides inside the park include the 100-foot Free Fall drops slides and the giant Half Pipe tube ride which are bound to take your breath away.
Established in 1875 as an education institute owned by the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Brigham Young University has today, transformed into full-fledged University. It is considered to be one of the largest religious universities in the country and has more than 30,000 students enrolled in various academic programs. The sprawling 560-acre (227-hectare) campus includes colleges for agriculture, engineering, liberal arts, management and law. Apart from the excellence in academics, the students of the university have also excelled in athletics, and performing arts. The university's Wind Symphony and Chamber Orchestra has performed in venues across the world. Attractions inside the university includes the famous Museum of Art, Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, The Museum of Paleontology and The Museum of Peoples and Cultures, as well as performing art venues like de Jong Concert Hall and the The Margetts Theatre. The university organizes regular tours of the campus, so visit their website to know more.
UVU, located in Orem, Utah, south of Salt Lake City, is publicly funded. It was once called Utah Valley State College (UVSC), before it attained university status in 2008. This being the main campus, its other branches are in Heber City, Lehi, Spanish Fork, Provo airport and North Orem.
Tthe Knight-Finch House was built by the renowned fruit grower and canner Newell James Knight in 1909. The house is an elaborate and luxurious looking Victorian style residence and is an archaeological artefact. The house was also added to the National Register of Historic Sites in 1998. Today, the house is the location of The Chocolate Dessert Cafe.
Constructed way back in 1895, the David and Drusilla Baxter House marks the transition of the architectural styles and has incorporated Late Victorian design. This historical property featured in the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.