3505 N.E. Loop US 286
Paris, TX 75460
Phone: (903) 784-7481
Fax: (903) 784-0231
3505 N.E. Loop US 286, Paris, TX, US, 75460
- Phone: (903) 784-7481
- Fax: (903) 784-0231
The A.M. and Welma Aikin Regional Archives, dedicated in 1978 in honor of Senator and Mrs. Aikin for their many years of service to the people of Texas, houses their papers, official records and other materials of historical significance to Lamar, Delta, Fannin and Red River counties.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this elaborate home was built by European trained architect J.L. Wees and is one of the finest examples of distinctive local archictecture in the area. Tours are available by appointment only.
The house was built by ex-Confederate General and United States Senator, Samuel Bell Maxey. Tour hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. seven days a week, closed major holidays. Please call in advance for group tours of 8 or more.
Opened in 1927, this public library offers thousands of books and reference materials, as well as a collection of local history that includes books and newspaper clippings. Adult and children programs are available.
An old-fashioned hardware store where the floor is wood, the stock runs from horse giggings to cookware, and the motto is "Kf we don't have it, it's not made."
Three stories tall, built with sturdy red brick, and decorated with ornate Queen Anne style scrollwork, it once served as the home of W.B. Wise and his family. The house is available for special events including weddings, receptions, and rehearsal dinners.