Quality Hotel Paris Orleans
185-187 Boulevard Brune
Phone: (33) 1 45396850
Fax: (33) 1 45436564
This Franciscan chapel is situated in the 14th arrondissement of Paris. In was built in 1934 and features majestic arches built out of brick and beautiful stained glass windows by Claude Malespine. The chapel occasionally hosts music and theatrical performances.
This modest church is situated in the 14th arrondissement of Paris. It was constructed in 1847 has become the epicenter of a vital, bustling community. Église Saint-Pierre de Montrouge offers a variety of events including children's activities, classes, cultural and artistic events, and classical and choral concerts.
Place Jacques Demy in Paris was named after the famous Parisian filmmaker. The outdoor Mouton-Duvernet Market held here draws shoppers to this street. Come and shop as much as you want. You can also visit the 19th century Église Saint-Pierre de Montrouge located nearby. Contact +33 8 3668 3112 for more information.
This park was originally called Moquesouris (mouse mockery), because the abandoned windmills where grain used to be stocked in the past attracted many mice. At the end of the 18th Century, the park's subsoil inherited from the Montrouge mines was transformed into Catacombs, in which bones from former Parisian cemeteries were piled up. During the Second Empire, the park developed as a part of a plan thought by Napoléon III and Baron Haussmann to give the capital's green areas four cardinal points; but this plan was only achieved in 1878. The plan of the park is a perfect example of the gardens arranged during the Second Empire: it is divided by railway lines concealed in ravines bordered with trees and crossed by little bridges. The twisting paths winding up gentle slopes give an impression of vastness. The park includes 1400 trees (some of them are over a hundred years old), large lawns, several playgrounds and a puppet theater.
This church is situated in the scenic 7th arrondissement of Paris. It was constructed in 1921 by Gaudibert in the Romano-Byzantine style. Its interior is elegantly decorated and features an impressive array of stained glass windows and sculptures in addition to an organ dating from 1909 - even older than the church! Église Saint Dominique occasionally hosts classical and choral concerts.
In 1810, the Montrouge stone quarries became catacombs. Because of a lack of space in the graveyards of Paris, it is here, 20 meters (65 feet) underground, that the remains of six million Parisians are exhibited. These ossuaries, illustrated by texts, create a chilling atmosphere and describe some of the events in the history of Paris, giving visitors substance for meditation. During World War II, this network of galleries was used as a hideaway for the Résistance movement; its vastness and the discretion of its entrances were great assets indeed. Today, these subterranean passages allow visitors to explore the true underground of Paris; a must-visit!
Place Denfert-Rochereau, located at the intersection of Avenue du Général Leclerc, Boulevard Raspail, Boulevard Arago and Boulevard Saint-Jacques, is named after a colonel who led the French troops in defending the city of Belfort against Prussian attacks during the War of 1870. In the middle of the square sits a big bronze lion, a replica of the huge Lion de Belfort (Lion of Belfort) sculpted in 1880 by Auguste Bartholdi, father of the Statue of Liberty. The original work - a tribute to the French troops' courage - was carved directly into a mountainside in Belfort. The artist himself did the replica. A medallion representing Colonel Denfert-Rochereau was added to the lion's pedestal in the 1970s. For further information contact, +33 8 3668 3112.
This small stone church is situated in the 14th arrondissement of Paris. It features a well organized program of events governed around a central theme, such as the understanding of artistic oeuvres. Église Réformée Paris Plaisance also hosts occasional choral and classical concerts.
This church in Paris' 13th arrondissement was constructed in 1969 by the architect Dubrule. It has excellent acoustics indoors due to its brick based construction, and it occasionally hosts choral and classical concerts.
This is a city location for Muslim worship and other services. For more information, call +33 8 3668 3112.
This triumphal architectural marvel was designed by famed modern architect Le Corbusier in conjunction with his cousin Pierre Jeanneret. It was constructed in 1933 as a part of the Cité Internationale university and it features a distinctive skeletal structure that features a windowed steel facade founded curved concrete columns resembling dog bones. The building has offices on the lower level and acts as a student dormitory with 46 rooms on the upper levels. It is open to visits on weekdays.
This is a city location for Muslim worship and other services. For futher information, call +33 8 3668 3112.