Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
201 N. 1st Street
Palatka, FL 32177-3703
Phone: (386) 328-3481
Fax: (386) 329-9907
Also known as the Judge Isaac H. Bronson House or the Sunny Point, it is a historic site in Palatka, Florida. Built in the year 1854, it is currently owned by the city of Palatka. It is maintained and run as a museum by Putnam County Historical Society, and is open for public visits. It is a two story structure with white exteriors, huge porches with pillars on all sides, and a wooden gable roof.
This three story, Georgian house is flanked by heavy matching end-wall chimneys and features a steeply pitched gable roof accented by a paladin window and a half gabled verandah supported by Greek Doric columns. The house is now the home of the Palatka Art League, an artists and artisians cooperative gallery which is open to the public the 3rd Friday of each month for an art show.
At Ravine State Gardens Park, nature lovers will find vast fieldstone terraces, rock gardens and cypress trees framing a breathtaking assortment of azaleas, palm trees and ornamental plants. On the nature trails, walkers can cross a suspension bridge through native Floridian flora and espy the crystal clear water of two natural springs. The park features jogging, hiking and biking trails in addition to the ornamental gardens. Meetings, weddings and special events are held in the park's civic center complex. Do not miss the impressive Azalea Festival, held each spring. Open daily from 8a onwards.
Ravine Gardens State Park was established in 1933, though the gorge was formed eons ago by the St. Johns River. It was the brainchild of the Works Progress Administration who created the landscaped gardens, cypress structures, water features and stone terraces. Today it also features picnic spots, pavilions, a civic center, an amphitheater, interpretive displays, restrooms, kids playground, hiking trails, restrooms and gazebos. They also offer a 45 minute wagon tour of the park. Pets are allowed in here.
This historic church was the traditional house of worship for early immigrants known collectively as "Minorcans" which actually consisted of Spaniards, Greeks, and Italians, as well as Minorcans.
Located within the Mount Royal Airpark on the banks of the St Johns River, Mount Royal is a Native American burial site believed to have been built between 1250 and 1500 CE. The site comprises numerous small and large mounds, and the findings were based on extensive excavations conducted in the mid-18th, late-19th and 20th Centuries.
Visit this sanctuary and meet lions, tigers, wolves and more. They take reservations in advance for Wednesday tours at 2 p.m. and Saturday tours at 1 p.m. They are a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. No drop-in guests, please. Reservations are required in advance.
Bring the whole family for a day of fun at this amusement park that features a European style go-kart track, a children's go-kart track, batting cages, a miniature golf course, a Max Flight simulator, and Florida's first full service outdoor paintball facility.
The Cherokee Grove is a historic house located in Bunnell, Florida. Also known as the Princess Place Preserve, the homestead, built in 1887, is one of the oldest in the entire county and possibly the only instance of Adirondack Camp Style architecture in the entire state. The fresh water pool on site was the first to be built in the state as well. In its heydays, the site was the meeting place of dignitaries from all across the globe and many a social galas were held here. The site was included to the list of National Register of Historic Places in 1997 and is open to the public for tours.
This city park, located behind City Hall and less than a half-hour drive south of Jacksonville on the St Johns River, features a spring-fed pool, for which the town is named. There is plenty for children to do here, including a playground, picnic areas, and the pool itself, which remains a cozy 72 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. You can fish off the city pier, or just enjoy a romantic stroll by the gazebo with views of the river.
A reminder of the early Spanish empire in the New World, this Spanish outpost fort was completed in 1742 to defend the south entrance to St. Augustine. Activities such as boating, bird watching, fishing, kayaking, swimming, and nature walks are available on site.
The St. Mary's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in Green Cove Springs, Florida. This Carpenter Gothic style church was built in 1879, featuring wooden frame exteriors and a steeple, with the church looking even more picturesque by the waterside. The structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.