Quality Inn & Suites
125 W Joseph Ave
Ottumwa, IA 52501
Phone: (641) 682-8526
Fax: (641) 682-7124
The historic neighborhood of Vogel Place Historic District lies in the northern part of the city of Ottumwa. It includes over 91 architecturally significant structures. It forms an integral part of the history of the city.
Court Hill Historic District is located in Ottumwa, Iowa. It is a historic district with a residential area of large and small homes. Most of the houses are large in size and there are a total of 84 structures. This district was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 7, 1998.
The noted and celebrated Eldon Public Library is primly situated at Eldon in Iowa. It was established in 1906 and the construction of the present building was completed in 1913. The eminent public library was the first public library in the region of Eldon and was started in a rented room above a local business. Today, it stands as a stern and a fine example of the Classic Revival style of architecture and occupies great historic importance. It is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1996.
The St. James Episcopal Church is a historic parish of the Diocese of Iowa. Built in 1900 by architect Frank E. Wetherell, the church was designed in typical Late Gothic Revival style and also features a bell tower and ornate stained glass windows. The church has been on the list of the National Register of Historic Places since 1992.
The monumental Keokuk County Courthouse is an eminent historic site. It is located in the Sigourney region of Iowa, United States. The courthouse building was constructed in 1911. It is a magnificent example of the Colonial Revival style of architecture. Predominantly built from logs, the courthouse structure has served multiple purposes by housing the jail, public hall and hotel and a schoolhouse. The elegant clock tower and cupola is an aesthetic feature of the site. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.