Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
70 E. 1st St.
Oswego, NY 13126
Phone: (315) 343-1600
Fax: (315) 343-1222
70 E. 1st St., Oswego, NY, US, 13126
- Phone: (315) 343-1600
- Fax: (315) 343-1222
The Oswego County Courthouse is located at Oswego County, New York. The historic courthouse was built in in 1859 C.E -1860 C.E and was renovated in 1962 C.E. The courthouse is built on a cruciform plan platform and is constructed of load bearing masonry walls faced with smooth ashlar limestone. The building was designed by noted architect Horatio Nelson White in an Early Renaissance Revival style of architecture. The structure got added to the National Registrar of Historic Places on December 07, 2000.
Oswego Public Library is a historic library building, located on the eastern bank of the Oswego River. The two-story brick structure was established in 1855, and was designed like a mini-castle. The facade features machicolations, arcaded windows and corbels with a towering central portion. The library was founded thanks to the generous contribution of politician, social reformer and philanthropist Gerrit Smith. In 1971, Oswego Public Library was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Located close to the bank of the Oswego river, the city hall is a magnificent historic building. Established in 1870, Oswego City Hall was designed by architect Horatio Nelson White, who is known for designing Syracuse's Grace Episcopal Church, Oswego County Courthouse, Jefferson County Courthouse Complex and Webster Wagner House. The city hall is a two and a half storied structure with a clock tower perched atop its front entrance. Oswego City Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Fort built by the Brittish in 1755, visitors to Fort Ontario State Historic Site today will see the star-shaped fort restored to its 1868-1872 appearance.
Oswego Marina is a full service and operational marina.
Oswego Harbor West Pierhead Light is located at Oswego, New York. It was built in 1934 C.E to replace an earlier light constructed in 1880 C.E and is an active aid to navigation. The lighthouse stands at the end of a 2,000-foot-long (610 m) breakwater at mouth of Oswego River. It is operated by the United States Coast Guard and is owned by City of Oswego. The lighthouse got added to the National Registrar of Historic Places on December 1, 2000.
Designed by Burton Arnold Thomas, Riverside Cemetery was established in 1855 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993. The Gothic Page Memorial Chapel, with its windows of stained glass, is the cemetery's focal point. Many noted personalities including Joel Turrill and Leander Babcock were buried at Riverside Cemetery.
The Mount Adnah Cemetery is a rural cemetery spread across 44.9 acres (18.2 hectares). The word "Adnah" means "rest." It was founded in 1853 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
A full-service, 130-dock slip marina located off eastern shore of Lake Ontario on the Little Salmon River, Mike's Marina specializes in servicing Mercruiser, Mercury and Volvo Penta. Seasonal and overnight docks with electric and water hook-ups are also available.
The 160-acre Behling Orchards offers 70 varieties of apples, including ginger gold, honey crisp, red delicious and macoun. Hayrides, pony rides, corn mazes, pumpkins, a snack bar, fresh baked pies, and other apple and seasonal favorites are also featured. During the summer, Behling offers u-pick strawberries and raspberries.
The momentous Selkirk Lighthouse is a highly famed lighthouse structure that was built in 1838. The ancient lighthouse site is situated at the mouth of the Salmon River in the New York city. A distinguishing highlight of the area is the fact that it is one among the only four remaining lighthouses in the entire United States which, till today retain their original cage lantern. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.