Quality Inn Finger Lakes Region
125 N. Main St.
Newark, NY 14513
Phone: (315) 331-9500
Fax: (315) 331-5264
Arts & Museums
Restored to its mid-19th century splendor, this stately Federal-style mansion, along with two barns filled with antique carriages and sleighs and original Granger family farming equipment and an original early-19th century law office; are open to the public seasonally. Trained docents give customized tours.
The Ontario County Historical Society and Museum offers education programs and exhibitions on local history topics for all ages. They also have a unique local history library, which has hundreds of rare, one-of-a kind books, and original manuscripts. They are open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday until 9 p.m. Closed major holidays.
Nadal Glass is a working glass studio and retail gallery producing functional and one-of-a-kind glass for galleries, museums and collectors.
The Pat Rini Rohrer Gallery features events, art exhibits, and art classes.
The National Memorial Day Museum stands located at the Waterloo city in the Seneca County. Its construction dates back to 1870, and this museum is also famously referred as the William H. Burton House. The museum is home to an array of collections pertaining to the Civil War and the history of Waterloo region.
The Hunt House is a historic mansion, that was the former residence of Mrs. Jane C. Hunt, a women's right activist. Situated in Waterloo, New York, this house features Greek inspired architecture and has a baroque porch. The two floored house was made out of red bricks in 1830. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Owned by the Town of Sodus Point, the Sodus Point Light is a lighthouse. With an overview of the Lake Ontario at the Sodus Point, the lighthouse was a beautiful square pyramidal structure that was made up of concrete and stone, the lighthouse was replaced by a modern skeleton structure. The lighthouse was also used as a home for the Coast Guard for several years. Presently, the lighthouse is a beautiful museum which has kept intact the beauty and originally of the house featuring the Fresnel Lens.
Originally a shopping center built by Levi Valentine in 1879, Valentown Hall now serves as a museum of local history. In 1940, J. Sheldon Fisher converted the abandoned commercial space into a museum, and it is now managed by the Victor Historical Society. With its many artifacts and heirlooms, Valentown Hall paints an interesting picture of 19th-century life in the Victor and Rochester region.
The Seneca Falls Historical Society is housed in a beautiful 23 room Queen Anne style Victorian home dating between 1880 and 1890. The home features archives, photographs, a gift shop, and a library.
National Women's Hall of Fame is a tribute to great American women who have influenced society and inspired generations over the centuries. It was established in 1969 in Seneca Falls, the pioneering location of the American Women’s Rights Movement. Located in historic downtown, in the Helen Mosher Barben Building, this gallery is a must visit. Discover the stories of the inductees and their significant contribution across myriad fields such as arts, education, science, politics, business and humanities. The exhibition commemorates their achievements that made a difference on the nation's road to development. Helen Keller, Eleanor Roosevelt, Sister Elaine Roulet and Lucy Stone are some of the inductees featured in this roll of honor.
Overlooking the Cayuga-Seneca Canal, the Seneca Museum of Waterways & Industry celebrates historic Seneca Falls, Seneca County and the Finger Lakes region of central New York. Hands-on and interactive displays, intriguing exhibits and artifacts and the play-learning children's center help tell the story of "how the Seneca River and the Cayuga-Seneca Canal powered the rise of industry and fostered cultural development, helping to spread social reform movements."
A beautiful historic home built in the 18th century still stands tall and proud at Brighton. Built with Federal style of architecture, the Stone-Tolan House is spread over an area of 4 acres (1.6 hectare). The rustic home is now open to visitors as a museum while group tours remain available. A tour into the house will acquaint you with the lifestyle of the people back then.