210 O'Keefe Avenue, New Orleans, LA, US, 70112
- Phone: (504) 525-6800
- Fax: (504) 525-6808
Tu to Su from 10:00 AM to 04:30 PMThe Presbytere, built in 1790, was originally called the "Ecclesiastical House." It served as a courthouse and a commercial business before becoming one of five buildings in the French Quarter that make up the Louisiana State Museum. Exhibits focus on paintings, furniture, pottery, clothing and every kind of craft or relic imaginable, as long as it illustrates Louisiana's culture and colorful past.