200 Gore Road
Morris, IL 60450
Phone: (815) 942-6600
Fax: (815) 942-8255
An archaeological site in Illinois, the Briscoe Mounds rests alongside the shores of Des Plaines River. It is named after the Briscoe family who originally owned the land before it was purchased by the State. It is currently owned by the Illinois State Museum. The two mounds on the site are said to be built in the Mississippian era. They were excavated in the year 1964 when it revealed human remains of 16 persons. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in the year 1978.
This pumpkin farm offers fall decorations, farm animals, hayrides, corn maze, and haunted barn.
The Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery spreads over 982 acres (397 hectares) and encompasses 400,000 burial spaces. It is named in honor of the country's 16th President Abraham Lincoln who founded this funerary system. It also features a memorial site dedicated to the fallen soldiers during wars of the 1900s. This cemetery is featured on the National Register of Historic Places.
The celebrated Farnsworth House acts as a fine example of modernist domestic architecture. It was constructed between 1945 and 1951. The house spans over a 60-acre (24-hectare) estate in close proximity to the Fox River that flows through the south of Plano City, Illinois. It is basically a one-room weekend retreat and predominantly a glass and steel structure. The finely-created 1500 square-foot (139 square-meter) house is broadly accepted as a masterpiece defining International Style of architecture. The striking design and landscaping makes for a great backdrop to plan an event. Catering services and provision for beverages is made in the house from excellent caterers.
The eminent Kendall County Courthouse is a historic former courthouse site. It is primly located at Yorkville in Kendall County, Illinois. The year 1864 marked the construction of the original building, which was later devastated by fire. A stellar replica of this Italianate edifice was however later erected and established in 1887. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Its contributions to the governing power and the politics in the area has given it a prominent local status.
A riverwalk, visitors center, park band shell, and performing arts building.
Elegant National Historic Landmark offering unique Victorian setting.
Fourteen acres of indoor and outdoor fun.
Take an interesting and educational tour led by an experienced naturalist.
Consisting of an area of 44.2 acres (17.9 hectares), the Lockport Powerhouse is a beautiful dam built in Federal style of architecture. Best known for power generation this powerhouse, is a National Historic Landmark. Access to certain areas are restricted for security reasons, but a visit to this place to watch the outer functions of the powerhouse is a great idea.
This three-story, 22-room mansion is one of the most expensive and elaborate Italianate homes constructed prior to the Civil War. Several of the rooms have been restored. Today the mansion is home to several non-profit organizations, as well as the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce.