First Presbyterian Church and Churchyard
418 New Street
New Bern, NC 28563
The celebrated First Presbyterian Church and Churchyard is a monumental church site on New Street, in New Bern, North Carolina. It encompasses approximately 1 acre (0.40 hectares) of land cover. Constructed in 1820, the ancient church is finely structured and designed by renowned architects Sandy, Uriah, Merrill and Daniel D. The federal style church building is one of the finest church structures in New Bern. It is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.