William Brinton 1704 House and Historic Site
21 Oakland Road (Old Wilmington-West Chester Pike)
West Chester, Pennsylvania 19382
Owned, maintained and operated as a museum by the Brinton Association of America, this restored historic stone Quaker home was built and originally occupied by William Brinton, Jr., son of an English immigrant. Resembling the architectural style of medieval England, the home is authentically furnished and features 27 leaded casement windows, an indoor bake oven, and a colonial herb garden. A National Historic Landmark, the William Brinton 1704 House and Historic Site is open to the public for tours from May through October.