1428A US 68
Maysville, KY 41056
Phone: (606) 759-5696
Fax: (606) 759-5695
Old Washington was a frontier village that was incorporated in 1786 and is known today for its historic buildings and attractions. Stop by the Visitor's Center at Cane Brake, a 1790 log cabin, and learn about the area. You can even sign up to take a costumed tour of Old Washington. Stroll down the streets and admire the historical buildings, enjoy great dining selections, visit cute specialty shops, and see interesting exhibits at the museums.
The elegant and ancient Philips' Folly is a magnificent house, primly located in the city of Maysville in the U.S. State of Kentucky. The brilliant structure ably depicts the Greek Revival, Federal and the Georgian style of architecture. The building was constructed from 1825 through 1831. It stands registered on the National Register of Historic Places. Comprising of 12 rooms along with 6 other bedrooms, it is touted to be the largest home in the town.
For delicious bourbon whiskey and small batch rye visit Old Pogue Distillery. Old Pogue Distillery is a family-run business that still uses some of the original recipes crafted in 1876. Learn more about Old Pogue Distillery by reserving a spot on a free tour and tasting.
The Maysville-Aberdeen Bridge across the Ohio River connects Maysville in Kentucky to Aberdeen in Ohio. Also known as the Simon Kenton Memorial Bridge, it was constructed in 1931. Designed by Modjeski and Masters, it is currently maintained by Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. Earlier a toll bridge, the toll was removed in 1945.
Constructed in 1864, the Valley Pike Covered Bridge is a short bridge crossing Lee Creek. Kentucky's only privately-owned bridge, Valley Pike features tin roofing and siding. Valley Pike Covered Bridge was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
The Walcott Covered Bridge is a historic concrete bridge built in 1954. The bridge has a mix of the King post & Queen post type of architecture. It became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.