Quality Inn & Suites
W9250 Prospect Drive
Lodi, WI 53555
Phone: (608) 592-1450
Fax: (608) 592-1449
Named after T.C. Goeres a significant person in Lodi, the Goeres Park was built in 1935 and was developed by landscape architect Franz A. Aust. Spread across 7.9 acres (3.20 hectares), it has many recreational facilities such as an ice skating rink, tennis courts, a large swimming pool, basketball court and playgrounds. There are also picnic tables and sitting areas in the garden.
One can't decide what is more breathtaking, the vineyard itself or the glimpses of the Wisconsin river in the backdrop. The current property at Wollersheim Winery comprises space for buying related to wines, tasting and even a dedicated wine garden. They conduct tours everyday that last for an hour and a wine tasting routine usually rounds it off. Almost five varieties of wine such as Prairie Blush, Prairie Red, Ruby Nouveau, Domaine du Sac and Domaine Reserve are made here. They also hold events like open house wine tasting and picnics. For more details call +1 800 847 9463.
Governor Nelson State Park is a fantastic place for a day out in nature. The park features hiking trails, fishing, swimming, picnic areas and snow recreation in winter. The park also hosts educational walks and events throughout the year.
Open daily year round from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the Wollersheim Winery is a National Historic Site that sits on a scenic hillside overlooking the Wisconsin River. There are 25 acres of planted vineyards, most of which are dedicated to French-American hybrids. The vineyards produce five different wines, Prairie Blush, Prairie Red, Ruby Nouveau, Domaine du Sac and Domaine Reserve.
Known for it's architectural beauty the district of Society Hill was a historic property that features the homes dating 1870 to 1910. With the designs of Greek Revival, Italianate and Queen Ann styles as a major constructions visible in the styling of the homes, the property creates an atmosphere of the elite and wealthy society which makes it a great visit place for the tourists. Some of the prominent among the district are Zona Gale and the Fredrick Jacksin Turner.
The prime focus behind the construction of the Portage Canal was to connect both the Fox and Wisconsin Rivers. The canal site dates back to the 1830s era and continues to gain historical significance. Through the time, the canal underwent changes and alterations and currently the Portage Canal Society is striving hard to restore it to its former glory.
This restored site was once the workplace of John Kinzie and his family, the agent to the Winnebago nation in 1832. It has been completly restored and refurnished with antiques.
This portage was originally a trading place of furs and supplies for hundreds of years until the treaty of 1828.
The 9,740 acre (3,940 hectare) Lake Mendota is the largest of Madison's four lakes. The University of Wisconsin-Madison as well as a school of limnology are located on the lake. The lake is very popular for aquatic recreation during the summer, particularly boating, fishing and water sports.
This is the only building remaining from the original Fort Winnebago and it overlooks the site where Louis Joliet and Jacues Marquette left Fox River in 1673. The quarters have been restored and maintained.
The Angie Williams Cox Public Library occupies a historic Colonial Revival building that is on the National Register of Historic Places. It is home an extensive collection of books, publications and reading material. In addition, it organizes various activities for the community. The story hour is popular among children.
A fine example of Gothic revival, the House of Seven Gables dates back to 1860s. Artfully restored, this magnificent architecture is a 17-room home with steeply pitched gables, ornamental bargeboards and decorated with antique furnishings. Do not miss the ten-feet tall bedroom suite called the Renaissance Revival. The architecture of this structure has fetched recognitions by organizations such as the National Register of Historic Places. The owners Ralph and Pamela Krainik are accommodating enough to allow tours of the place. Call in advance to arrange tours.