Frankford Avenue Bridge
Philadelphia, PA 19136
Frankford Arsenal is located adjacent to the Bridesburg neighborhood of Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was a United States Army ammunition plant that opened in 1816 C.E. The land was purchased by then President James Madison and it was the center of U.S. military small-arms ammunition design and development until its closure in 1977 C.E. It was added to the National Registrar of Historic Places on March 16, 1972.