Quality Hotel Dresden West
Zschoner Ring 6
Phone: (49) 35204 4590
Fax: (49) 35204 459113
Old Jewish Cemetery (Alter Jüdischer Friedhof)
Mo to We from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM,Mo to We from 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM,Th from 09:00 PM to 12:00 PM,Th from 01:00 PM to 05:00 PMIn July 1751, the Jewish community was granted burial space, Alter Judischer Friedhof on the other side of the town boundaries, between the sites that are today Pulsnitzer and Priessnitz Street. By a century on, 1067 graves had been installed and the remaining 198 had been assigned. In 1869, the cemetery was ordered by the city to close, yet it remains the oldest Jewish cemetery in Saxony. Those who would be interested in viewing the weathered, ivy-covered gravestones may only do so by prior appointment. The neighboring information center, Hatikva sometimes runs informative guided tours of this cemetery.