4th & Green Streets
Canton, MO 63435
The illustrious Lincoln School is one of the first ever schools in Canton, Missouri to be constructed for African-Americans. Built up in 1880, it is of great historic significance as it served the people of Canton and the surrounding areas of Lewis County until it closing in 1955. Post the closure, it was utilized as a storage space facility by the Canton R-5 school district. It was later added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 10, 1983. Later, it was donated to the city of Canton in 1995.