Quality Hotel Ambassador Hamburg
Phone: (49) 40 2388230
Fax: (49) 40 230009
Mo to Su from 12:00 AM to 12:00 AMThis bridge, on which building commenced in 1843, links the Jungfernstieg and the Bergstraße, crossing the Kleine Alster (Little Alster). It was named after a miller whose corn mill stood here. After the bridge was completed, the Alster dam was moved to today's Town Hall lock (Rathausschleuse). Several thousand people cross the bridge on their way to work or to the shops every day, and many a piece of bread flies down the bridge along the way, which is much appreciated by the white Alster swans.