Quality Hotel Ambassador Hamburg
Phone: (49) 40 2388230
Fax: (49) 40 230009
St. Petri Church
Mo to Fr from 10:00 AM to 06:30 PM,We from 10:00 AM to 07:00 PM,Sa from 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM,Su from 09:00 AM to 09:00 PMAfter finding its place as a market church in the 12th century, St. Petri is now located in the city's main shopping area, the Mönckebergstraße. The church's foundations were rebuilt in the 14th and 15th centuries. After a fire in 1842, the central part had to be completely rebuilt according to the medieval model made out of brick. The steeple and the stepped roof are particularly notable, and the western doors have a lovely lion's head as a doorknocker, dating back seven centuries. It is one of the city's oldest works of art, with all white interiors and laying claim to a fair share of valuables. The paintings, windows and figurines in its ownership date back to the middle ages and there are altars from 1500 to the present. The winged altar, which once stood here, was built by Master Bertram in 1379-83 and can now be admired at the Art Gallery.