Quality Hotel & Suites Muenchen Messe
Phone: (49) 89 4207940
Fax: (49) 89 42079490
Mo to Su from 10:00 AM to 05:30 PMOnly the Saalbau (the main hall) and the tower remain of the Old Town Hall. The tower was first erected on Marienplatz in 1180 as a watchtower to defend the eastern side of the city. It was destroyed several times over the centuries and reconstructed in the early 1970s according to the architect's plans from the year 1462. The tower is now also home to the Toy Museum. One of the most beautiful Gothic halls in the country, the Saalbau was completed in 1480 by Jörg von Halsbach, who also designed the Frauenkirche.