+33 5 56 00 66 00
Up until the end of the 16th Century, this district west of town was nothing but an immense swamp that propagated pestilence. It was drained in the 17th Century and then numerous workshops were established there during the 19th Century. In 1955, the municipality decided to completely renovate the district and made plans for 300 lodgings. In 1963, this renovation transformed and restructured the quarter and it became an administrative and commercial center dotted with businesses. Pedestrian and vehicle traffic is separated thanks to an immense flagstone overhanging the quarter. The height of buildings is limited.