Georgetown, SC 29440
+1 803 734 3893
Built in 1801, the Georgetown Lighthouse was originally made of cypress wood which was later replaced by a brick tower in 1812. It was again rebuilt in 1867 after it was severely damaged during the Civil War and is now the oldest of its kind in South Carolina. This white, cylindrical, brick lighthouse is manned by the U.S. Coast Guard and is a part of the U.S. Coast Guard. It was added on National Register of Historic Places in 1974.