+49 911 231 3222 (Tourist Information)
One of the most interesting buildings in the city, the Mauthalle was originally erected as a grain store in about 1500. Transformed into a custom's house in 1898, the building was then bought by a local brewery in 1929. The coat of arms over the entrance portal was carved by Adam Kraft, one of Germany's greatest sculptors. Unfortunately, the only piece of the original half-timbered facade remaining is on the eastern wing. The rest was destroyed in the Second World War.