Quality Inn & Suites
1307 Murfreesboro Road
Franklin, TN 37064
Phone: (615) 794-7591
Fax: (615) 794-1042
Fort Granger was constructed as part of the military strategy during the American Civil War. It came into prominence during the Battle of Franklin when it was used as a headquarter by Federal General John M. Schofield. Fort Granger faced several fierce attacks from the Confederate cavalry units. Though now the site has been transformed into a city park, the trenches that were dug by the troops still exist.
The McGavock Confederate Cemetery is located in the city of Franklin. This place has been the burial ground for over 1500 Confederate soldiers who lost their lives in the Battle of Franklin. The area has been divided into 13 sections for the fallen soldiers belonging to 13 different states of US.
Possibly the five bloodiest hours of America's Civil War took place here at the Battle of Franklin. On November 30, 1864, Carnton was occupied by Confederate troops moving toward the well-entrenched Federal army. A devastating battle ensued. Later, the mansion housed hundreds of the more than 6,000 Confederate casualties from that battle. Adjacent to the property is the largest private Confederate cemetery in America.
The St. Paul's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in Franklin, Tennessee. Built in 1831, this church is a fine example of Gothic Revival style architecture and features red brick exteriors and gable roofs with elegantly designed stained glass windows. The property was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
Winstead Hill Park is a 61 acre (24.6858 hectare) park located in the city of Franklin. This place has been the site for historic battles and has walking trails and large open areas studded with trees.
The Owen-Primm House is a Greek Revival house which belonged to Jabez Owen, a prominent doctor. Originally built in 1806, the house has undergone several alterations. Because of its rich history and period architecture it was put up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
The city of Brentwood, Williams County in Tennessee is home to a Native American archaeological site called the Fewkes Group Archaeological Site. Famously also regarded as the Boiling Springs Site, it comprises of the remains of a Mississippian culture complex and village that dates back to 1050. The features five mounds, of which some are used for burials, while the largest one was a ceremonial mound. At present, apart from the prehistoric civilization remains, the area also features the Boiling Spring Academy, a schoolhouse that originated in 1823.
Constructed in 1897, the Knights of Pythias Pavilion or the Carlisle House, was designed Henry Gibel and is a classic example of Classical Revival architecture. With the pavilion being originally constructed in Nashville for the 1897 Centennial Exposition, the building is a good example of a frame house. It was later bought and moved to Williamson County without any alterations and has one of the most extraordinary designs in the region.
The renowned Samuel Crockett House is also famously referred as the Forge Seat. The structure depicts a rare Hall-parlor plan and is registered on the National Register of Historic Places. The house was home to the Crockett family and continues to occupy historic significance even today.
This two towered castle looks like it was dropped here from medieval Europe. Located just south of Nashville on the outskirts of the hamlet of Triune, this castle is only open to public during the yearly Renaissance Fair. Initial construction began in 1980, though the castle's owner began drawing up plans when he was in high school, and still continues today (currently the edifice consists of two peaked towers and a building connecting, but ultimately the master plans call for four towers).
High Meadow Alpacas is a large and beautiful alpaca farm located in the rolling hills of Leipers Fork south of Nashville outside the city of Franklin. With over 150 acres (61 hectares) and over 400 individual alpacas, High Meadow Alpacas is the largest alpaca breeding farm in the southeast. The award-winning alpacas in this herd come from some of the best breeding lines in the country, resulting in numerous show awards and some of the highest quality alpaca offspring available for purchase anywhere in the country. High Meadow Alpacas welcomes visitors but does not have established hours, so appointments are necessary. This is a great excursion for all animal lovers and particularly alpaca enthusiasts. -Lynn-nore Chittom
Christ Presbyterian Church is housed in a beautiful location, with a lovely garden filled with beautiful flowers and a cross in the centre. This church, with an amazing structure, believes and promotes the teaching of Jesus Christ. The motto of the church is to foster community spirit and brotherhood and the church has a lot of active youth programs as well. On Sundays, they have praise and worship services followed by classes, where they teach people about God and the preachings of Jesus Christ.