Quality Inn & Conference Center
1411 Liberty Street
Franklin, PA 16323
Phone: (814) 437-3031
Fax: (814) 432-7481
Arts & Museums
Situated in historic downtown Franklin, DeBence Antique Music World allows you to see and hear over 100 old-time automatic musical instruments, including calliopes, music boxes and nickelodeons.
Established in 1997, as a non-profit project of the Oil City Arts Council, the Oil Valley Center for the Arts is a regional arts facility that offers a broad range of classes for all levels, seasonal concert series, the Transit Fine Arts Gallery, a coffeehouse, studio space, the Oil Heritage Festival Art Show, and the Vault Recording Studio, all available to provide the community with opportunities to create, teach and share the arts.
Located within Oil City's historic northside business district in a 1905 Beaux Arts-style building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Venango Museum of Art, Science and Industry offers permanent and changing exhibits that reflect the areas industrial legacy and rich history. The changing exhibit area changes three to four times a year.
Drake Well is a 69.5-foot (21-meter) deep well in Venango County, Pennsylvania. It was the first commercial oil well in the United States and was drilled by Edwin Drake in 1859. This well has a historic significance because its success sparked the first oil boom in the country and prompted additional drilling of wells for oil discovery. It was added to National Register of Historic Places on November 13, 1966.
Located in an 1875 pre-Victorian Eastlake Stick-style house, the Forest County History Center features Native American and early settler artifacts, genealogy areas and products of local businesses.
The John Brown Farm, Tannery & Museum is a tribute to the heroic efforts of John Brown who helped in the Pre-Civil War of Independence. The years 1825 to 1835 were greatly dominated by his unending support to the cause wherein his tannery and farm were also used. A visit here proves educational and also lets you slip back to the days of New Richmond's glorious past. A good time to visit would be May 9th when John was born, and when the entire town gathers to celebrate his legacy.
Housed in a historic Colonial-style building, the Johnson-Shaw Stereoscopic Museum collects, preserves, and exhibits stereoscopic products, including documents, equipment and photography.
A historic house museum owned by the Crawford County Historical Society, this four-story home was once the residence of a U.S. Supreme Court Justice and two Meadville mayors. Exhibits, programs, publications, and special events are offered throughout the year. Tours are available from May through September.