Old Palace (& Württemberg Museum)
+49 711 222 8228 (Tourist Information)
The Old Palace, the ancestral castle of the first counts and dukes of Württemberg, brings to mind a medieval fortress. Its origins dates back to around 1300, when it was built as a small moated keep. In the 14th Century this palace served as the headquarters of dukes and counts. Later on this castle was reconstructed in the Renaissance architecture. After getting damaged in the world war, during its restoration, the premises of the castle were also turned into the Württemberg Museum.