Quality Hotel Plaza Dresden
Koenigsbruecker Strasse 121a
Phone: (49) 35 180630
Fax: (49) 35 18063721
Church of the Royal Court of Saxony (Hofkirche)
Mo to Th from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM,Fr from 01:00 PM to 05:00 PM,Sa from 10:30 AM to 04:00 PM,Su from 12:00 PM to 04:00 PMWork on the Hofkirche (Royal Chapel) started during the reign of Frederick August II, under the oversight of Italian architect Gaetano Chiaveri, who designed the church in the Romanesque style of the late baroque period. The foundation stone was laid in 1739 with construction completed in 1754, whereafter the church became the coronation and burial place for generations of Saxon kings. The interior contains the last organ built by master craftsman Silbermann as well as an altar and pieta made of Meißner porcelain. Free admission.